What we collect
In your use of the Website, including contacting us through the Website, we (and other members of our group) may collect, store and use the following information about you:
- name and job title
- contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number
- details of your employer and / or business
- a record of any correspondence where you contact us (together with any information you have requested and / or which you have supplied)
- where you have made a job application, your resume and job history (which may include any "sensitive" personal data you supply (for example health information))
- where you use a secure section of this Website, your user log-on, password and authentication details
What we do with the information we gather
Buried Hill Energy require this information to understand your needs, respond to your requests and provide you with information about the Buried Hill Energy group and its news, products and services, and in particular we (and other members of our group and third parties on our behalf) use it for the following reasons and purposes:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our website, products and services
- To respond to any queries you have made, and, where you have agreed or requested, to provide you with information about our products and services (including by post, phone and e-mail)
- To fulfil any contractual agreement between you and a member of the Buried Hill Energy group
- For the purposes of the Buried Hill Energy group's recruitment process where you have contacted us in respect of a career application
- To customise the Website according to your interests
- To provide access to any secure section of this Website
- As is required by, or to comply with, any applicable law or regulation
We will not (nor will any other member of our group) sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission.
The Buried Hill Energy group (and / or third parties on our behalf) may store or process information collected from you or which is about you in countries outside the European Economic Area, including Canada, The Gambia and Turkmenistan. Certain of these countries may have laws which provide for lower standards of data protection. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storage and processing.
Security of your Information
The Buried Hill Energy group are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through this Website. However, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of data transferred via the internet.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
For more information about cookies, including details as to what they are and how to refuse them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Buried Hill Services (UK) Limited - 7th Floor 6 Kean Street, London, WC2B 4AS, United Kingdom marking your correspondence for the attention of: Human Resources Manager.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have previously agreed to the Buried Hill Energy group using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
Buried Hill Energy may change this policy from time to time without notice to you by updating this page.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes – by continuing to use the Website you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.
This policy is dated October 15, 2010.